Friday, January 20, 2012

Decorative Medal Panel


     Honestly, when Mrs. Kiick told us that we'd be working with metal, I wanted to give up on the spot.  I've never worked with metal before in my career as an artist, and I wasn't too happy about starting. So we had to create a design on paper before actually touching metal. I was frustrated at first because I couldn't come up with a decent design.  After cutting a bunch of shapes out, and shifting them around, I came upon a complex design! Mrs. Kiick cut the pieces of metal out for me, and then I traced each piece onto the corresponding metal. I started cutting into the metal today, it was not so easy... D: Khaelyss actually had to help me get started. It took me awhile, but I started to get the hang of things. I broke 3-4 saw-blades in the process. I also succeeded in my first turn today, I was thrilled! I'm only on my first piece of metal, this is going to take me awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment