Thursday, November 3, 2011

All about fruit (cont'd)

Oh boy, when Mrs. Kiick told us we were working with colored pencils next, I got nervous. I was afraid to step out out of my comfort zone, my attachment to pencil drawing. Afraid that I wouldn't be able to apply my same skills of graphic pencil to colored pencil. Mrs Kiick assured me I'd be able to, but I still felt a little insecure. She gave us these practice sheets to get us a little more familiar with using colored pencils. After that, I started to feel a bit more comfortable. So I began my apple, starting from the stem.


I'm so satisfied with the way my apple turned out. Mrs. Kiick was right!

I showed my family when I got home. My father and my brother, Tmmy, were both astonished. However, my mother and my youngest brother, Michael, thought it was an actual print out of an apple! Ha! They convinced themselves that I didn't draw the apple. Sillies. I just took that as a compliment. They were mistaking my drawing for the real thing, haha.

Now onto self-portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment