Thursday, November 3, 2011

All about fruit.


So Mrs. Kiick had us conceive an image of the fruit using the viewfinder. After a while of shifting the viewfinder around to examine different perspectives, this is the position I chose to draw from. ( Excuse the horrible quality. Took that one with my cellular device, and my hands were shaky! D: ).

I was so excited to start drawing again, especially with the tools Mrs. Kiick had supplied us with. Brand new graphic pencils, blending stomps, and that doughy eraser (can't remember the actual name for it). But oh, joy! Graphic pencils and I, we're invincible when we're working together. That, I can proudly admit.

Stages of my pencil drawing over the long week:


I came to a pause while shading the inside of the orange. I wasn't sure about how I was going to portray the pulp in my drawing. Luckily Mrs. Kiick gave me a little tip on how to go about doing so. I used the edge of a regular No.2 pencil to swipe off bits of the orange. It worked out perfectly.
(I love pulp, just sayin')


No comments:

Post a Comment