Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The end of a brand new beginning

It's hard to believe that this is my last year of art class in my entire high school career. My, oh my, has the year really quickened. It feels really weird to sit here and take it all in. In all the years I've taken art class here, I've always had Mrs. Hargrove as my teacher. Actually, I've had Mrs. Hargrove as my art teacher for as long as I can possibly remember (looooong time). She's absolutely the best and I was pretty crushed when she left. I always signed up for her studio arts class, it was my comfort zone. However, that didn't stop me from choosing art class once again (for the last time). I've always acknowledged Mrs. Kiick as Mrs. Hargrove's right hand buddy (or the crazy, cooky art teacher next door). That's all I really knew of her at the time being. Well, since Mrs. Hargrove was leaving, Mrs. Kiick was my only fallback. I was actually quite eager to discover her way of teaching. I have to say, I was right. Mrs. Kiick truly is crazy and cooky, but I really admire that about her. Her ways of teaching art are unique. There's been a whole list of firsts for me over the year. She had us working with all different types of medias though twisted ideas. I must admit that at some points I became frustrated, or annoyed. But overall, it's been a real accomplishment for me. I've really enjoyed myself and her class. I'm very thankful for her wonderful assistance, and guidance throughout the year. She has helped me go beyond my comfort zone. Now that I know I can do much more, it makes me willing. I am confident. I wouldn't change anything about this year if I could. I'm going to truly miss having art class with the wackiest, yet most admirable art teacher here at Haddon Township High School. Best wishes, I'll be on my way to who knows where from this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment